Become a Member
Click here to complete your membership on line.
Download a hard copy of the membership form here.
Latest member perk! 4 free hours on our new EV Charger!
Youth (under 19) and Seniors (over 65): $8
Memberships are also available for businesses and nonprofits:
Business (for-profit): $200
- Access to our newly installed EV charger free for up to 2 hours each visit (enquire with our Reception or Caretakers).
- Subscription to our exclusive in-house newsletter - Barnacle and monthly e-newsletter which will provide you with firsthand highlights of events and activities happening at Alexandra Neighbourhood House.
- Members’ price at our monthly Community Lunch, available through the fall and spring at Alex House. Our Community Lunch has been offered since 1992, with live music, a home-cooked meal, and fun trivia games.
- Participation and voting privileges at Alex House’s Annual General Meeting.
- 10% discount on our branded merchandise, including travel mugs, coffee mugs, pens, caps, and T-shirts
- 10% discount on facility rentals at our Retreat & Event Centre, including Beecher Place, in Crescent Beach.
Apply or renew today by calling 604-535-0015, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For the past one hundred years, Alexandra Neighbourhood House has been hard at work helping to build community – one individual at a time. From our origins as a “fresh air camp” for orphans from Vancouver, we have been focused on creating opportunities for neighbours to gather, grow, and build a spirit of community.
We want YOU to be a part of this unfolding story, by supporting our work through active membership in Alexandra Neighbourhood House. Your membership is not only a tangible sign of your support for community engagement and development, but it is also a sign of your support for the neighbourhood house movement in Metro Vancouver. We are part of a network of place-based agencies striving to build safe, inclusive communities where people have a sense of belonging, and the knowledge that we all can make a difference in our own lives, our neighbourhoods, and our communities.
Your membership helps us to provide programs and maintain our facilities. In return, you are eligible for priority registration and/or reduced rates on some of our programs and services; subscription to our quarterly newsletter; and participation in our annual general meeting – where you can have a voice in planning priorities for the future.
Why become a member of Alexandra Neighbourhood House? Here's a few good reasons!
1. You support one of the most longstanding agencies in the community.
Vancouver's orphans first came to enjoy a fresh air camp at Camp Alexandra in the early 1900's
2. You contribute to the health and well-being of people living on the Semiahmoo Peninsula and beyond.
Alexandra Neighbourhood House provides programs, services and rental venues for children, families, seniors, supported adults, newcomers and community groups.
3. You have many opportunities to participate in programs and services throughout the community.
While many of our programs are offered at Camp Alexandra in Crescent Beach, we also provide services through the Vine Youth & Family Centre in White Rock and our Children's Centre in Morgan Crosing.
4. You help us maintain our historic buildings.
Revenue from memberships and donations will allow us to develop a comprehensive and sustainable building program.
5. Membership fees supplement funds we receive from other sources.
Our goal is to improve support from individuals thorough memberships and donations.
6. You receive information about Alexandra Neighbourhood House activities first.
All members receive our monthly newsletter by email or in hardcopy.
7. You help us fulfill our mission
"Providing opportunities for people to gather, grow, and build a spirit of community."
8. You learn about the changing needs of your community.
Alexandra Neighbourhood House participates in a number of community initiatives.
9. You become part of the Neighbourhood House Movement
Neighbourhood houses strives to build safe, inclusive communities where people have a sense of belonging and the knowledge that they, as individuals have the ability to make a difference in their own lives, in their neighbourhood and in their community. Neighbourhood Houses connect neighbours to each other .
Don’t be left out in the cold…come in and renew today - we’d hate to lose you! And if you’re new to our community, we’d love to meet you.